Acting pursuant to article 32c point 2 of the Act of 29 November 2000 – Atomic Law (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 1941) ZKS FERRUM S.A. in Katowice informs that it conducts activities related to the use of devices generating ionizing radiation, consisting in non-destructive testing of welded joints.
Ensuring the safety of the general public and the environment by reducing exposure to ionizing radiation is achieved through:
– using an appropriate personal protective equipment,
– conducting radiographic surveys in a protective cabin,
– conducting regular environmental measurements,
– conducting quarterly environmental dosimetry,
– regularly inspecting equipment that produces ionizing radiation,
– conducting work in accordance with the permit and company documentation.
During the last 12 months, no incidents or emergencies have been recorded. The reading of effective doses for the NDT personnel has not exceed the detection threshold of 0.1mSv/quarter. All radiographic examinations are conducted in such a way that the public is not exposed to doses higher than 1 mSv.
The activities of ZKS FERRUM S.A. in Katowice related to exposure to ionizing radiation in 2021 have been conducted in accordance with all requirements and the highest standards, therefore:
– there has been no impact of the conducted activities on human health and the environment,
– no substance releases have occurred.